Sunday, July 19, 2015

Altenew vintage roses


Friends..  I was stiving to use Altenew vintage roses. 

Everytime I try them with what inks I have, I used to fail completely. I was about loose hope completely, but thanks to few wonderful crafty friends who kept me encouraging to try. Atlast I did a fair job with the stamp, for sure I will buy Altenew inks now.

I made this card in one day as i decided to participate in the challenge one day before.

Its a top folding card which measures 5x7". I die cut a white panel with MFT basic edge die , then stamped the vintage roses with distress inks!, yes you heard it right. I tried alot to get desired look of the roses but didnt. Then tried with distress inks, though the outcome is not so crisp but I am happy for now with the result. 

The sentiment is from Jillibean stamp set which was stamped with archival black ink. Then I mounted it with foam tape on grey card base. 

Then felt that its missing something so I changed the gear and removed the white panel. I stamped the card base with Hero arts news paper background stamp with SSS smoke ink to get tone on tone look. Then mounted back the white panel. 

phweeee the card is ready to post now....

Suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for stopping by

Swapna Patil


  1. I love the tone on tone newspaper background on the black base. Gorgeous card, Swapna! I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp No Designer Paper Challenge.