Friday, October 20, 2017

Jump Start The Holidays with Hero Arts

Hi.. Friends.. Welcome to my blog..     
       Today we are hopping to celebrate all things fall and winter - and to rev up your holiday card making motors! We are also joining Lea Lawsom during her month-long Crafty Comeback Party. Lea is an amazing designer, and we are thrilled to support her! Tune into her blog everyday this month - she began the party on October 7, and there have been many beautiful cards and fabulous giveaways along the way!

Prize - We will be giving away a $25 gift certificate, randomly chosen from all of the comments left at every stop along the bloghop. To enter, leave a comment on any of the blogs by Friday November 10 at 11:59 pst and the winner will be announced on Lea Lawson's blog on Sunday, November 12.

Now coming to my cards for the hop

  • I placed stencil on a white panel and applied distress oxide inks. Left it to dry.
  • Then placed the stencil again but offsetting a little, then applied versamark ink and clear heat embossed.
  • Then I applied grey distress oxide ink on top of this.
  • Trimmed the panel a little and foam mounted it on the top folding card base.
  • I stamped sentiment and and trimmed one side.
  • Added few strands of copper embroidery floss and foam mounted sentiment.
  • Added few enamel accents in copper colour.


Here you can make out the shine of clear heat embossing.



  • Its a very simple card.
  • I used another Hero arts stencil and various distress oxide inks.
  • I shifted the stencil halfway before applying next colour.
  • Then i trimmed the strip in 2 and foam mounted on top folding card base.
  • Stamped sentiment in black and fussy cut only bottom of it and foam mounted it too.
  • Added few accents in copper to embellish the card.


Here is the list of hops

Swapna Patil - You are here


Hero Arts Tweed Pattern
Hero Arts Tweed Pattern
Shop at:
HA
Hero Arts Tropical Background
Hero Arts Tropical Background
Shop at:
HA
Peeled paint DO
Peeled paint DO
Shop at:
EH
Fired Brick DO
Fired Brick DO
Shop at:
EH
Hero Arts Black inkpad
Hero Arts Black inkpad
Shop at:
HA
Clear Embossing powder
Clear Embossing powder
Shop at:
HA
Embossing Tool
Embossing Tool
Shop at:
HA
Spiced Marmalaid DO
Spiced Marmalaid DO
Shop at:
EH
Iced Spruce
Iced Spruce
Shop at:
EH
Fiskars Surecut
Fiskars Surecut
Shop at:
EH



Thank you

55 comments:

  1. Love the uniqueness of both your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In LOVE with these. So out of the box and yet, why didn't I think of this??? Such amazing takes on a different way to do a card! I love how creative you are, it inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic cards, Swapna! especially love the first one with it's glossy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors & designs. Love the yummy embossing
    on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed yours the most on this "hop"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have showed that stencils can be simple to use and provide great results

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning examples of how stencils can be use to perfection:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both gorgeous!! I love how you've used the stencils here, and I just love the autumnal color palette!

    Thank you so much for being part of my crafty comeback party - I appreciate it SO much!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful thank you cards. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your creative card designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unique card ideas. I love the way you used the stencil. I appreciate your step by steps too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Amazing cards with wonderful color combinations! Thank you for explaining how you achieve the look for each as it was helpful to understand your process.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The 3D effect in first card is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards and how you used your stencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. An interesting idea for using stencils. Always nice to see them used a little differently.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Swapna. I love your coloring of the stencil. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Swapna, these are gorgeous. I am so pinning them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cards are so pretty and elegant. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great stencil technique to create stunning cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your we of the stencils is great. What nice thank you cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards. What a wonderful stencil technique. I need to use my clear embossing powder more.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great inspirations, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cool card! I would have never thought of using a stencil this way and will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards. I have stencils but always forget to use them, thanks for sharing a new way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the color scheme you used, just yells "fall is here!" Your 2nd card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Creative way to use stencils, I struggle a lot putting them to use in my cards. These two cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great use of the stencils! Love your color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great cards! I really like the design and color of them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What stunning and unique cards! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Some amazing designs and textures going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful cards!! I love the simplicity of the second one! It's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm head over heels in love with your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great use of the stencil! Such lovely texture!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the color combos you used with both stencils. Great patterns and an inspirational way to use the designs on cards!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Two fabulous cards. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I don't think I've ever visited your page before, but I really like the cards you made. Very nice use of color and design! I liked them both!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful cards! Love the fall colours.

    ReplyDelete
  38. stunning cards thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful ombre look to your fall card and I love that you added the clear embossing to give it some shine!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful cards. Especially love the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wonderful cards!! I am in awe of the background on the first one! Gorgeous!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete